Join Our Team!
Hetran-B Incorporated, has been in business for 40 years and is known worldwide for quality built machinery and reliable service, now offers a 'new generation' of advanced technology machines for bar to bar, coil to coil and coil to bar production requirements. Hetran-B's complete service capability makes it the single source for all ferrous and non-ferrous finishing requirements. With total engineering and manufacturing ability, Hetran-B provides superior finishing requirements from design to start-up.
Interested in joining our team? See our current openings below.Apply Now!Benefits
To learn more about each opening and to apply, click on each job title.
While this is an electrical engineering position, an electrical engineering degree is not required if the candidate has proven and transferable experience for the role. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to apply their expertise to the ongoing development of our product line.
The candidate will be responsible for designing, programming, building and testing units we manufacture along with supporting units in the field. Ideal candidate will have experience designing control systems, building panels, PLC programming and have experience testing equipment. Duties include specifying the components and equipment needed to complete the system, programming and interfacing of the equipment, assist/troubleshoot the assembly process and startup/debug of the control system and overall machine. The position also requires implementation of material and cost reduction measures as well as documentation of the operating process and service/maintenance records. Additional duties include field service repair of customer machines and support equipment and production equipment used at our facility.
- Troubleshooting and testing new equipment
- Support team with field service as needed
- Assemble and wire electrical control panels
- Use Panelview software to configure HMI touch screen panels
- The ideal candidate will be hands on and proficient in both programming and assembly side of the role.
- Install and startup systems in house and at end user facilities
- Coordinate with customers, vendors, and colleagues to solve automation challenges
- Travel onsite to customer locations to implement, maintain, and upgrade software/hardware
- Maintain project timelines
- Produce design documents, specifications and creating electrical prints
- Size and select equipment including servos, power supplies, sensors, switches, motors, and other control devices for machines
- PLC programming
- Additional duties as assigned
The Traveling Field Service Technician will be responsible for the supervision of the overhauling of customized gear systems including installation and commissioning. Includes ability to properly inspect and diagnose damaged gear rotors/bearings, install replacement gear rotors/bearings and test. We supply customized gearboxes and gear systems used in a multitude of applications. Ability to interact with customer is a must. Position includes the ability to develop and optimize our existing customer base of installations with reporting. Work will be based in-shop, in Orwigsburg or on-site at the customers facility’s located throughout the United States; primarily the east coast, occasionally mid-west, and rarely to other countries. On the job training will start immediately.
- Hands on experience with rotating equipment (gears, compressors, good basic verbal and written communication skills.) Ability to work in a team-oriented/ technical environment.Life insurance is provided for this position.
- Install equipment, insuring all components and assemblies are properly integrated
- Application support to meet customer expectations
- Phone service and on site trouble shooting and repair
- Prepare service reports to document activities
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Follow prescribed and standard safety regulations
- Identify and coordinate parts required for repair with customer and service department
- Suggest / recommend spare parts / corrective actions, providing written service call reports to service department / customers
- Keep accurate records of all hours logged, inventory parts used, and services performed
- Work in shop to assist production/repairs/overhauls when not traveling to client sites
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Perform other and related duties as assigned, directed or within the scope of overall responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated with maturity to self-manage and work independently
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to effectively respond to emergency situations
- Strong organization skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to understand technical context
- Identifies and resolves problems
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Must be reliable, dependable, honest with a great work ethic
The role of the mechanical engineer includes but is not limited to, providing technical support for maintenance and operations, designing, and troubleshooting mechanical components and systems.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be responsible for preparing accurate and detailed drawings, models, and builds of materials for machined components and fabricated assemblies. The successful candidate will be comfortable working with multi- disciplinary projects that require mechanical design, computer aided design, and drafting.
- Excellent technical skills, including computer and design experience
- The ability to work independently and efficiently
- Good prioritization and project development skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate problem solving techniques and root cause identification
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests in a timely manner
- Requirements include: Associates degree in drafting or equivalent degree/training, must have previous experience with designing/drafting, demonstrated proficiency reading detailed drawings & assembly drawings, and proficient with Solidworks. AutoCAD experience is a plus.
The qualifying Machinist will have a strong work ethic. This individual must be able to perform programming and machine set ups. MasterCam & Solidworks knowledge, multi-axis machining and general tooling knowledge is a plus.
- Making parts that fully meet all the required specifications
- Understanding blueprints and tolerances to .0001
- Set up, operate and maintain precision equipment
- Mill, turn, drill, shape and grind machine parts to specifications
- Repair parts or create new ones
- Consult with engineers and coworkers
- Understand the properties of different metals
- Program mills, drills, and lathes
- Maintaining equipment located throughout the machine shop
- Developing a plan of action to manufacture parts according to specifications.
- Measuring and marking raw materials needed to manufacture parts
- Setting up equipment required to complete each step of the manufacturing plan
- Operating equipment to carry out each step correctly
- Monitoring the production process and intervening when problems arise
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you soon.